Wednesday, July 15, 2009

a little introduction

Hey Reading Gals! I am so excited to be a part of your group, and I can't thank you enough for opening yourselves up to a lady you don't even know! So, I thought I'd take this opportunity to give you a little introduction to me, my life, and my family so you can get to know me and actually have a face to go with my posts. :) So without further ado, I present--- my life in pictures!

I grew up here:
(Portland, Oregon)

Went to college here:

And received a Bachelor's degree in this:

Married him:
(August 12, 2006)

Here:
(Portland Oregon LDS temple)

Moved here:
(Mesa, AZ)

So he could build these:

Had her:
(March 10, 2008)

And time flew like this:

Now our family looks like this:

And who could forget her?:

And we LOVE LOVE LOVE to do lots of this!!:

So that's our family! We just celebrated my husband's 26th and my 24th birthdays. I LOVE being my baby's stay-at-home mom and in my free time when she naps I sew, play piano, and of course devour every good book I can get my hands on. By the way, my husband is Eldon's (Shelli's husband) older brother. It was through Shelli's blog that I found Reading Gals, and I admitted to her that I've been secretly reading along with you for several months now. Thanks for letting me come clean. :) If anyone wants access to my private family blog, just leave me your email address in the comments. It's so wonderful to make new friends and I look forward to getting to know you all while we share our love of literature!

5 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Jaclyn, welcome! It's great to learn more about you and have you as an official part of our group instead of just a silent participant. :)

Thank you for your darling post. You're little girl is darling. (And I can't believe how much your husband and Eldon look alike!)

Mandy said...

Welcome! I love that our little blog group is growing :) I'm so glad you have joined us. Of the books you have read do you have a favorite so far?

Your daughter is so cute. I would love to get to know more about you, my email is mandybvoges at gmail. If you invite me I will check out your blog and even comment :)

Welcome to our group and we look forward to hearing your thoughts on the books we read. A lot of us are also on goodreads.com so that we can keep up with other books we read in our spare time. you sohuld check that out too.

Jaclyn said...

My favorite read so far has been "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". What an adorable book! Of course I fell in love with Juliet and I want to be just like Elizabeth when I grow up. :) And not only were the characters darling and endearing, the history was fascinating! As a follow up to the book, I have been watching "The War", a Ken Burns documentary on WWII. The book was a wonderful pick and is the newest edition to my library. :)

Shelli Snyder said...

I'm so glad you've joined our group, Jaclyn. If we end up in AZ for med school - despite my pleading prayers to keep us away from it - the good part will be being closer to you! :)

Jaclyn said...

AZ wasn't my first choice either, but it doesn't really matter where we go as long as we're with our sweet husbands, right?!