Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Only Alien on the Planet

So I finished this book like a week ago but forgot to post. So here are a few of my comments:

I actually enjoyed this book. I was a little worried at the beginning. I like the idea of how it illustrated the importance of friends. Without his friends, he might never have talked.

I enjoyed how it told a story but had a moral and I was connected on an emotional level. I felt for the girl who's family moved. I felt for the boy he didn't talk.

So is anyone else done??

2 comments:

Dave and Catherine said...

I'm working on baby books right now... I should have a lot more time for fiction in July when I'm nursing!

Emilee said...

Yes! I loved this book even if it was found in the youth section. It was a lovely story of friendship and love. I agree that Michael wouldn't have talked if it weren't for his friends Calder and Ginny. Sometimes we can find friends when we are also lonely or feel alienated from others. The story drew me in and I couldn't stop reading. Loved it!